After Your Surgery Post-op Instructions
If you have any questions or need our help, call 973-940-3166.
- Make sure to wash your hands any time you will be in contact with the surgical area on your body.
- You will need someone at home with you for the first 24 hours after surgery if receiving any form of anesthesia.
- Do not drive; operate machinery, power tools, or any other large and possibly dangerous equipment for at least 24 hours and while taking prescription pain medication. Do not drink alcoholic beverages for at least 24 hours And while taking prescription pain medication.
- Based on your specific surgery, your surgeon will provide you with post-operative instructions regarding diet, rest and medication. In the event of any difficulties or complications, call your surgeon immediately.
- In case of an emergency, go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
- Make sure to let your body relax and get the proper amount of rest, do not push yourself.
- Take showers as directed by your surgeon; do not soak in the tub until approved by a doctor.